Monday, July 7, 2014

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?


It's been a few weeks since I've posted a Monday Reading post. In those weeks, I had heart surgery to get rid of the SVT. It wasn't open heart surgery, but a catheter procedure. The surgeons had to ablate three different areas, meaning they went in with small wires through my femoral arteries and veins, found out where the arrhythmia was, then destroyed the tissue that was causing the abnormal rhythm by using high frequency radio waves. Although the post-op paperwork says I could go back to my daily activities 1-2 days after the procedure, I found I was limping from the insertion sites for a week and a half, and battling extreme fatigue for a week afterwards.
But, the arrhythmia only has a 1 in 200 chance of coming back, and it will come back in the first 6 weeks post-op. I'm now 3 1/2 weeks post-op with no recurrence so far! YAY!

So, now, I'm back to reading with a vengeance, and here is what is on this week's TBR list:

  1. Lakebridge: Autumn by Natasha Troop
  2. Doctor Who: The Bog Warrior by Cecelia Ahern
  3. The Family of Jesus by Karen Kingsbury
I have plenty others, but this is a good start. What are you reading?

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! That's a lot going on for you. Glad to hear things are going better though! I had my own turn around when the brain tumor I developed (from my own disease) ended getting a bit smaller some years after the doctors initially found it! So good things can eventually happen! Glad it is turning out that way for you too!

    And nice reads too! All totally and completely new to me but still hope you enjoy them!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete