Friday, December 28, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday #5


To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  8. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Q: What book do you think everyone should read? If you could gift the entire population with one book?


WHAT?! I have to pick only ONE book?!! How can I possibly pick just one book? *stops freaking out and takes a deep breath* Okay, let me think...The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings....no not The Lord of the Rings, that was a trilogy, that can't count...Ender's Game, A Wrinkle in Time, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Complete Works of Shakespeare, Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman, Wizard of Oz, Wicked....
How can I pick? Its like expecting me to choose which child to save if the house was burning down!
Okay, since I just watched the movie, and its such an awesome book....I'll pick....


And if you haven't seen the trailer for the first of the movies (yes, Peter Jackson made three movies out of the book):


34 comments:

  1. Never did read this one myself!


    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog design! <3

    I haven't read the Hobbit nor the Lord of the rings book but I do have them on my shelf. It's sort of intimidating for me to read these books, hehe

    Thanks for stopping by! Followed you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Samaine! Don't get intimidated by The Hobbit. It's a great book!

      Delete
  3. Will you hate me if I say that I'm not a huge Hobbit (or Lord of the Ring) fan? Sorry :(

    But I do want to see the movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Quinn, I can't hate you for not liking The Hobbit. To each their own. :) But the movie may change your mind. :)

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I felt the same way: how on earth can we be expected to pick just one book?? I love The Hobbit (read it recently) and loved the movie, too. Fantastic pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kat. It's an incredible book.

      Delete
  5. Haven't read the book....probably won't but LOVED the movie!

    New follower via GFC.
    Please stop by my F&F.
    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Holly. I followed you back via GFC.

      Delete
  6. New follower #94 reporting for duty! LoL. Your post cracked me up. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually haven't read any of the Lord of the Rings books, including the Hobbit. Hopefully I can read it soon so that I can see the movie and actually understand it! Great pick. I'm a new follower. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to read it soon and you enjoy it as much as I did!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. I'm sorry to say I've never been able to get into the Hobbit or the LOTR books :(

    I am a new Google+ follower, you can find my FF post here.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all of us have to love it Lexxie! Thanks for stopping by and following. :)

      Delete
  10. I can't wait to see the movie! But.. I have read the book and it didn't blow me away. I guess his style isn't my thing.

    F&F from Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, that's what makes it so great being a reviewer. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Hi ..
    Just stopping by for the feature and follow friday hop..I definately love ur choices in books to read!!I know the feeling how hard it is to pick just one.. :)

    Following you, feel free to follow me as well at the link below. :-)

    BookShelves Of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Barbara! Following you back!

      Delete
  12. Hi Kristin!
    (gasp! A Wrinkle in Time!) I've had The Hobbit on my shelf for ages, and read it once in elementary school (skimmed it, more likely). With all the hype about the film, I've become more anxious to read it! I'm a bit disappointed in Peter Jackson: how can he possibly make three films over one, small book? I've read several reviews where the viewer complained about major additions and changes. That's why it's crucial to read the book first! Yet...with LOtR, the films helped me understand the book...I'm torn!

    Thanks so much for stopping by Pages!
    -Kirthi
    P.S. Since you've just seen the film, how was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirthi, thanks for stopping by! Oh. my. gosh. The movie was awesome....no, awesome is too gentle a word...heart-stopping-world-rending-soul-shattering...yes, it was...mmmm...great! It was another LotR, just at that wonderful caliber!

      I was disappointed as well that there are three movies, but then I saw the movie....the party itself is like 10 minutes long...at least, but its hilarious!

      My favorite characters in the book were Fili and Kili, and they're on my computer desktop now. Great portrayal :).

      Delete
  13. I expected to see this book mentioned as it's a wonderful read full of action and memorable characters! Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog! I'm now following you back via GFC.

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  15. You won't be disappointed Aman! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know how I missed Tolkien growing up, but I did. Someday I'm going to have to go back and read this one.

    Following back :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tolkien was the only fantasy author in my uncle's humungous (1000+ books, no lie) library that included anything from education to history and religion.

      Delete
  17. Thanks Kate! Have a safe New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's been so long since I've read The Hobbit. I really need to do a reread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been so long for me too! I really wanted to re-read it before the movie came out but no such luck. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete